Author Topic: 60# injectors on a 2 bank ECU  (Read 2951 times)

Lance@DFW

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
60# injectors on a 2 bank ECU
« on: May 03, 2021, 04:39:03 PM »
So when you add larger than a 42# injector, or a MAF that flows more than 64 lbs/min, you will have to scale the tuning.

I did it the exact way the tech article shows and believe me, it works.

This is a must if punching in the values aren't getting you where you want them.

Take Old Injector / New Injector = Scaling % multiplier - [EXAMPLE: 24 / 60 = .4  or  2.5 if you divide NEW / OLD]
Take the KNOWN NEW injector value and change the entered NEW INJECTOR hi and low scalars against your value. - [EXAMPLE: 60 * .4 = 24 or 60  /  2.5 = 24]
Old or Known New Injector Breakpoint gets addressed against your value.
Recommended to set the Injector Pulsewidth value to your % in injector change while scaling it out against your value, or set it to 0.
Take the STOCK MAF or MODIFIED MAF Transfer and change the entire Y Axis against your value. - [EXAMPLE: 46.77 LBS * .4 = 18.708  or  46.77 / 2.5 = 18.708 and so on]
If you are changing the MAF as well, ensure you change all NEW 30 points against your value on the Y Axis. This is important because even the NEW KNOWN MAF Transfer has to be scaled as well.
Change the LBS/MASS and/or CID against your value.
Same goes with the Manifold Volume. Change it against your value.
Hit up FN040A or depending on XDF, Estimated Aircharge Vs. RPM and tackle the bottom 3 rows with the value you got.
Then Load w/ Failed MAF and Load w/ Failed MAF IMRC (if you have that) get the same treatment to ALL values in the table(s).